Welcome to HERO Lab.!
HERO Lab is researching and developing a core technology covering the entire life cycle of hydrogen economy; primary focuses are on the hybridization of different two or more technologies in a synergic way.
To bring the hydrogen economy up early, we are intensively studying CO2-free hydrogen production and highly-efficient power generation based on the fundamental knowledge of thermal, mechanical, and chemical engineering.
The work of HERO Lab. covers component design up to large-scale plant integration through computational and experimental approaches.
The current research area can be summarized as below, but not limited to:
- Fuel cell-based hybrid power generation: the combination of SOFC with gas turbine and/or gas engine
- CO2-free hydrogen-production: a so-called blue hydrogen
- Analyses and optimization of energy systems using exergy-based methods
- Design of novel concept of energy systems
- Economic analysis and life cycle assessment (LCA) of energy systems